AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to clean list of deleted project?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
batone79
2748 Views, 6 Replies

How to clean list of deleted project?

Hi, to everyone, i start to test Pland 3D and i have one question.

the list of my created projects, i removed someone but fileĀ“s rute is still in the list.

How can i clean the list for the removed  files and just leave the projects on?

thanks from spain.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RSFAdsk
in reply to: batone79

Hello,

The list of projects is stored in the profile.  The value is stored in the MRULIST in Profile.aws in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011\R18.1\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\ (Vista/Win7). 

With AP3D closed, you can edit the AWS file and remove the deleted projects in notepad.   Unfortunately I have not had success discovering a more direct way to remove the project name other than editing the AWS file, which carries risks similar to editing the registry.

I would expect that normal MRU behavior, where attempting to pick something that is not available would remove it from the MRU, but this does not seem to be happening.    I'll post again if I can discover a more direct way.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
batone79

thanks so much for your replay.

but it is incredible to have to delete from a log file as show on the image.
First it is not legible or are hard to find in the archive. AWS corresponding lines for the projects deleted.
And second, there is great risk, if you think you've found the line for the poryecto deleted, you can go wrong and destroy the system.
A great little thing they have to improve.

Message 4 of 7
RSFAdsk

First, thanks for your post, I have recorded this request.

I see similar behavior for the DWG MRU list (registry).  These MRU lists are local per-user, and short of recreating the user profile, there is no simple way to reset them.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
MMSW

I asked this question almost a year ago and it is still an issue. Is Autodesk ever going to fix this problems ?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Old-project-names-in-project-manager/m-p/2599972

Message 6 of 7
david.flores
in reply to: RSFAdsk

I deleted a project and tried to remove it from the Project manager List. I opened the Profile.aws with notepad but did not find any reference to mrulist to remove the project. Am I looking in the wrong place to remove the project? I have AP3D 2015 installed.

Message 7 of 7
RSFAdsk
in reply to: MMSW

If this was the Idea station, status would be "Accepted".  Yes it's been a wait.  And yes we are going to fix this problem.

For 2016 I see C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2016\R20.1\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\Profile.aws.  2015 Probably is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015\R20.0\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile\Profile.aws.  MRULIST should still be in there. It's easy to mess up that file I probably should recommend not changing it...

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost