AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Lars_Petersson
Message 1 of 1 (1,025 Views)

How I got Isometric view in Orthographic drawing

1025 Views, 0 Replies
07-04-2012 06:39 AM

Just thought I'd share this, since I've read some asking if it is possible in P3D.

For Isometric view in Orthographic mode I proceeded like this:

1. I open the drawing in the project in P3D. Right-click on it in the Project Manager and chose 'Export to AutoCAD'
  2. I save the exported file.
  3. After creating an Orthographic drawing of the P3D drawing, I select the model space tab in the Orthographic drawing.
  4. There i chose attach x-ref and select the earlier exported file. I suggest to place the x-ref way off from the original coordinates.
  5. Then back to paper space in Orthographic drawing and create a new viewport. Not via the usual 'Create View', but by command VIEWPORTS.
  6. There just zoom in on your x-ref and there you have it. Complete freedom of view in Ortho mode

Hope this helps.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.