AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a custom symbol w/attributes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
reese40m
301 Views, 2 Replies

How do I create a custom symbol w/attributes.

So I'm just starting out with plant 3d and have a problem while creating a P&ID in P&ID PIP workspace. In the book I'm using, one of the things I am asked to do is go to the tool pallette/fittings tab/ and pick on an ecc. reducer and insert on a line in the drawing.

The problems lies with the fact that in the fittings tab I only have 2 catagories - speciality piping items and nozzles.  Neither of which have a reducer in them. I think it (fittings tab) used to have more items to chose from how can I reset it of rebuild the library w/attributes and ability (in the reducers case) to break a pipe line on the P&ID to allow me to give the two sides of the reducer different properties, tag assignments, etc.

BTW I have went thru all the different tool pallettes and none of them have sufficient tool pallette libraries for getting to detailed.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tmccar
in reply to: reese40m

What piping specification are you using, and does that spec have the required reducers added to it?

Message 3 of 3
reese40m
in reply to: tmccar

PIpe spec?

I was using a book that doesn't start explaining that until ch.5   I'm still in ch.2  I haven't set the specs yet.

the book

"AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 for Designers"

By Sham Tickoo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost