AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

lukecoxon3d
Message 11 of 15 (346 Views)

Re: Help needed - Spec and catalog editor - Half coupling branch

09-17-2012 07:16 PM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Thanks THERMAXCHENNAI

A half coupling branching off a main header may not be best practice, but i am just the drafter trying to fill out the spec given to me by the process engineer.

It is a cheaper solution that is quite common in lower pressure and less critical processes, and as you suggested, if it is used commonly in certain intustries then the AUTOCAD PLANT3d team should make this branch possible in the branch table.

AUTODESK, and chance of some feedback on this?

I have the following scenario...

1/2" - 2" half coupling Branch

to Branch off a 2.5" to 24" header. 

I can manually insert the half coupling that I created and connect it to the header, this work fine. I can also route from the half coupling perfectly which suggest I have made the coupling correctly.

BUT in the branch table the coupling connection won't stay or work at all (it goes RED or goes blank) so the auto branch or continuation function just leaves a blank pipe from the centre of my header, no coupling inserted.

Please at least let us know if it is impossibe, so i can stop trying to get it working.

Cheers 

lukecoxon3d
Message 12 of 15 (344 Views)

09-17-2012 07:31 PM in reply to: MOLGRAND

Thanks GARY

You are a star for this. 

I will try it.

It sucks that it takes such effort to do this work around for something so fundamentally simple.

It also sucks that there is no feedback from Autodesk on this. 

Thanks for letting others know of an alternative solution.

Cheers

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 13 of 15 (304 Views)

10-09-2012 02:06 PM in reply to: lukecoxon3d

I just recently helped someone out with this on the Ask the Expert page. It is only now that I have seen it.

Create a new component in your catalog as an Olet. But give it the descriptions for Half Coupling and same with the dimensions. It looks like a Half Coupling but ISO's like an Olet.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Distinguished Contributor
MOLGRAND
Message 14 of 15 (291 Views)

10-10-2012 04:58 AM in reply to: lukecoxon3d

Hi,

Is this now the official Autocad response now to this issue - after waiting over 2 years for a satisfactory final solution??? We have been doing this work-around for the last 2 years!!

See post No 10 on this suject

Regards

Gary

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 15 of 15 (281 Views)

10-10-2012 01:36 PM in reply to: MOLGRAND

yes.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.