AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help needed - Missing data from P&ID

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
maxdc
1612 Views, 6 Replies

help needed - Missing data from P&ID

How can I link a P&ID drawing to a 3d drawing that is missing all the data from said P&ID?. for example line numbers

The P&ID is linked to the project but not to the 3d pipe drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxdc
in reply to: maxdc

Here 's a picture of the problem.
Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
PeterQuinn

Maxdc,

Can you explain what you're trying to do? You can put the model and P&ID in the same project and when routing, use the P&ID line list to assist you. However the data isn't linked. There is data for the P&ID and data for the 3D model.

What are you expecting Plant 3D to do here?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7
maxdc
in reply to: PeterQuinn

When I draw a line in the  3D model using the P&ID Line List, they are drawn in layer 0 and the line number tag appears as unasigned, or with the right number and a question sign at the end.

It happens with some lines not with all of them.

The ones that are properly drown appears with the correct layer and the right line number tag without the question sign.

I just want to know why some times the lines come with all the data, and other times they don't.

Message 5 of 7
EileenForan

Hi maxdc:

I have asked one of our developers to take a look at this issue. She will respond as soon as she has an answer for you.

Hope this helps.

Eileen Foran

Community Program Manager

Autodesk Plant Solutions

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
lynnl10
in reply to: EileenForan

Hi MaxDC,

Without more information, or the project itself, I can’t really guess why you are getting these duplicate line groups…. But let me share what I was able to work out:

It appears that when routing additional segments from PID group 54, the product created a second P3dLineGroup, instead of using the one that was already present.  If this had indeed occurred, then that additional P3dLineGroup would get filled from the same source PID “Pipe Line Group”, giving it the same values as the existing P3dLineGroup.  Thus it would be duplicate, and get the trailing question mark on its tag.  (The P3dLineGroup's tag is AKA the "Line Number Tag")

I CANNOT REPRO THIS PART.   (For me, on BOTH 2010 and 2011, when I route the second PID segment, it is correctly added to the existing P3dLineGroup.)

All the other behavior (the pipes on Layer0, seeing the word “Unassigned”) are fallout from the duplicate P3dLineGroup tag.

WORKAROUND:

I know this is less than optimal, but you can select the pipe run, and in the Properties Palette, change the “Line Number Tag” value to whatever it is supposed to be.  You’ll see the attached message, and should choose the first option.  This will put the pipe run components into the correct group AND put them on the right layer.

415iAFD5666E4F815B41

Hope that helps,

Lynn

Message 7 of 7
maxdc
in reply to: lynnl10

Lynn,

I was not able to solve the problem with the workaroung you gave me. However, I took into acount your explenation and decided to creat a new project and link all drawings to this new project, that was the solution, not only to the original problem, but to some other ones that I had with editing different lines. Thank you very much

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost