AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding phantom pipe

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Boxx250
694 Views, 6 Replies

Help finding phantom pipe

Plant 3D is creating an iso for a piece of pipe that I can't seem to locate in the drawing. I have thawed/turned on/layer walked/ 'Show All' Visibility, checked the pcf for the line's co-ordinates, drawn a line from those co-ordinates and zoomed to it, and still have found nothing. 

Any other suggestions as to how I can find this offending pipe & rid it from my model?

Thanks a bunch. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TRdesigner82
in reply to: Boxx250

Maybe try adding to a selection. Right click on any part on the line, select "Add to Selection" then pick "Entire Line Number". After that, unselect with a window pick. You can hold the SHIFT key and window over everything. If there is anything else left floating in space, it should be the only thing still selected. You'll either see a blue grip somewhere or you can look in the drop down at the top of your Properties to see if something is still selected and if so, what it is...

Message 3 of 7
Boxx250
in reply to: TRdesigner82

hmmm. thanks for the reply, I tried your suggestion to no avail... 😞

next?

Message 4 of 7
PeterQuinn

First, use wireframe. The pipe might be inside some other pipe.

Second, use Data Manager. If it's a piece of pipe that's a problem, sort by length and see if any are 0 length. You should be able to find them in the model using the DM.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
philip

if you have multiple P3d drawings make sure that its not located any of theses other drawings within the current project

Message 6 of 7
Boxx250
in reply to: philip

YES!!! That was it, I had drawn a 'test' line in another model within the project & promptly forgotten about it.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Boxx250
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Good tip to use the Data Manager to troubleshoot. Wouldn't have thought about that, it reveals a multitude of sins! Thanks for the tip!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost