AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand railing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1541 Views, 3 Replies

Hand railing

I am having a huge issue with handrailing...

with all metric members the hand railing is completely off…

screenshot definition (just after placing the hand railing [left]; settings[right]

On a side note... I cannot get the 1-1/2" sq tube i need for my handrailing...

Is there no way to edit the structure catalog?

Warning! If you change the kick plate you cannot get back the default member!

System reboot; program restart; and Match properties don't work...

Thoughts on this from autodesk?

Any way to get back the default kick plate member?

Thanks in advance!

Stassel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same exact toe plate problem. Still have found no way to get default setting back.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I was configure the same option and in my plant work:

111111111.png

Did you install service pack 1 for Plant3D?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

From Autodesk....

Explode Command on railings

This issue looks like it is related to the use of the metric shapes in an imperial project. It looks as though the scaled down shape is being drawn at the bottom right of the extents of the non-scaled shape, hence the incorrect position.

When the railing is then exploded the kick plate is (as you stated) being scaled back up. I will log this with our developers.

Default kick plate

The issue with the default kick plate shape not being available has been logged with our developers and has been scheduled to be fixed in the next release of the product.

Note:
I tested in the beta version and the FB* kick plates can be selected from the AISC standard. As this is now considered a developers issue I will go ahead and close this support case.

With regard to the kick plate height, the setting is to the top of the kick plate so if you set it to 1 inch the I suspect it is likely to be lower than required.

Try setting the height to a value greater than the height of the plate.

Issues with structural railing in Plant 3D

I have looked at this again and there does appear to be an issue with modifying imperial based project Railings with the DIN and CISC.

I will submit a change request with our development team for this issue. In the meantime you should use the AISC shape standard.

Hope this helps!

Stassel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost