AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Rail and Posts not cleaning up

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dennis
457 Views, 4 Replies

Hand Rail and Posts not cleaning up

In 2012 the posts did not stick up thru the hand rail, but in 2013 they do.  See the attached pic.  Anyone have a idea of what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan.Scales
in reply to: dennis

Hi,

I have reproduced this and will forward this to our developers.

In the meantime you can workaround this by using a smaller pole. With a PIPE1-1/2STD pole the handrail is drawn as expected.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 5
dennis
in reply to: Dan.Scales

I did 'workaround' by using the 2-1/2in handrail, but the smaller posts would work as well.  Additionally, I found this perplexing bug: When I select the handrail, generated with the 2" dia, and then selected the Equipment Settings to change that diameter, after saving and reopening the dwg, most all the settings had reverted back to the 2" diameter.  I ended up having to draw them all over again to get the setting to stay set.

Message 4 of 5
Dan.Scales

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out - I am also seeing this behavior and will make our developers aware of it.

Thanks.

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 5
smiintl

This might help you out.  The workaround for 2013 is discussed on the video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/thesmiintl/videos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost