AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Card

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
littlc
675 Views, 2 Replies

Graphics Card

The IT department is trying to purchase this graphics card for my computer does anyone out there think this is sufficient. My computer is crashing acouple times a week and the Plant 3D models are not too large.  It is not one of the recommended ones on the Autodesk website.

Current Computer:

Widows 64

16 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM)i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

? Nvidia NVS Quadro 420x16 ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: littlc

Veto it.  The Quadro NVS series is a very light-duty video card designed for spreadsheets and other productivity software.  If they insist on a Quadro start a little higher, somewhere around the Quadro 2000 series.  But try a high-end gaming card first.  They may not be certified but they will work quite well at a reasonable price.  The crashing may *not* be related to the video card so don't expect miracles.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
marodilp
in reply to: littlc

Yes, definately try a higher class gaming card. Middle class(but high price) quadros will not make you life easier.

An other point: I have a quite good notebook, with nVidia gt555m(okay, 2 years old config) graphics card. With an older driver(314.x - february 2013) it works fine, and there are no freezes, no breakdowns. Some days ago, I though this is the time for some developement, and tried the most fresh vcard driver(327.x). I was shocked. Plant3D crashed in every 3 minutes. 

SO: if you got crashed, it is worth the time, to test 4-5 vcard driver, to find the best fit.

Cheers,

Laszlo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost