AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Distinguished Contributor
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 1 of 4 (207 Views)

Graitec steel interfacing with plant 3d space

207 Views, 3 Replies
04-05-2013 10:13 AM
Today I modelled a structural building in Graitec steel, and brought the building into Plant 3d space. Then generated Orthographic, it comes very nice and can be rated very good. ASD modelled elements in plant space have more errors, bugs and improper ortho generation.
Valued Mentor
ybogdanov
Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)

Re: Graitec steel interfacing with plant 3d space

04-07-2013 11:01 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

For solve problems of ASD models in Plant3D, probe to export structure as solids from ASD Project. In this case the ortho work fine.

Regards

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

04-08-2013 08:58 AM in reply to: ybogdanov
Yes, it works. Good workaround you gave. How to do for Revit model to make solids?
Arun_Kumar_K
Message 4 of 4 (146 Views)

04-08-2013 09:20 AM in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K
Gone through the document in net about how to convert Revit models into ACIS format. If Autodesk ppl informed about this, I would had used my Revit model in plant 3d space. The workaround is there in place, but nobody know except few ppl, those are not in Adsk.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.