AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting component properties using Lisp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
783 Views, 4 Replies

Getting component properties using Lisp

Hello,

is there a way to access (get the value) of component properties using Visual Lisp?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately the Plant 3D and P&ID properties are not exposed to Lisp, only in .NET (or Managed C++)

If you must, you may consider write a custom .NET wrapper to expose it to Lisp, but it's may take some time...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous - Many of the object properties are readable (but not writeable) through 'vlax-get-property'. You can read and write the properties using .NET API.

@ Augusto - You guys have been very quiet over at the Plant3D DevBlog!  I hope that does not mean the work there has come to an end.  If you would like some ideas for future articles I would be glad to make some suggestions.  Thank you for all your previous work - your articles have been extremely helpful to me!

Message 4 of 5

@jabowabo thanks, please send suggestion, I'll be glad to research and write about them. Sorry we're quiet, just working on many different things...

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 5

@augusto Where should I send suggestions?  PM me if you like.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost