AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geometry can not be generated with the given parameters

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jtegtmeyer
3220 Views, 10 Replies

Geometry can not be generated with the given parameters

I have been working in 2015 projects for the last couple of weeks and today the project stopped placing fittings and gave me this error: Geometry can not be generated with the given parameters.
Can't find symbol for specified part.

We have checked the paths, changed catalogs and anything else we could try to fix this and it has failed.  It actually has spread to any other projects that I have opened with the same computer.  Now I have 3 projects and 3 computers that have this issue.

When I open a model file I can run pipe.  If finds the spec with no issues.  The problem I have is that it won't place a fitting.  The Tool Palettes show everything but the bitmap for the part.  The spec viewer shows all the parts but won't place anything.  We have tried to modify the specs and evrything seems to be working.

If you have any suggestions please let me know.

CaseNo:10000102

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dave.wolfe
in reply to: jtegtmeyer

It sounds like you may have set your content folder incorrectly. Run the spec editor as administrator, and navigate to the Shared Content Folder path.

2014-09-18_8-01-35.png

The folder used there must have the same content structure as the default C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content\

Specifically, the program has to be able to locate the ContentConfig.xml and CPak Common folders.

If the parts are block-based, then you probably do not have the CatalogSupportFolder in the content path correctly.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 11
rohan.kemp
in reply to: jtegtmeyer

Just came across this issue as well.

Using Plant 3D 2014 Ext 2.

Been working fine on 1 computer, won't work on another computer same setup.

Project is located in Vault, Catalogues are all located in Vault. Same downloaded files, nothing different.

Share Content file location is the same. All other catalgue folders are the same.

Issue has been sent to EPS personale as well.

Message 4 of 11
patpat79
in reply to: rohan.kemp

Set the P3D contentsharedfolder to the location of your "Autocad Plant 3D 2015 or 2014" folder. It will require Admin rights to do that, but as a work around, you can just copy that folder and overwrite the "Autocad Plant 3D 2015 or 2014" on your local drive.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 11
phil.cooper
in reply to: patpat79

does anyone know the path of the 'contentsharedfolder'? I cant seem to find it and havnt been granted administrator rights yet.

Message 6 of 11
dave.wolfe
in reply to: phil.cooper

Default is C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 20XX Content\

Sysvar is PLANTCONTENTFOLDER = "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content\" (read only)

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 11
phil.cooper
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks Dave.

I think im getting confused now. Which folder needs to match the content in that folder?

Message 8 of 11
dave.wolfe

What value do you have for that sysvar?

By default the program expects a least a ContentConfig.xml, the Schema folder, and the default CPak Common folder at that location.

If you use custom block-based parts, you also will need your CatalogSupportFolders located there.

2015-02-12_12-32-30.png

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 9 of 11
phil.cooper

I have what you say I need.

I think ill just wait to get administrator access and modify the shared content folder through the spec aditor. Hopefully that will work.

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
dave.wolfe

What value do you have for PLANTCONTENTFOLDER?

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 11 of 11
phil.cooper

C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Content

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost