AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force iso onto one sheet

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thebearjed
5536 Views, 7 Replies

Force iso onto one sheet

trying to get a line number to show on one iso. tried using "force iso onto one sheet" and moving the slider all the way up. i have checked all the components to make sure they are all on the same line number and are not unassigned. including connectors. what the heck am i missing...<sigh>

screen caps attaached.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thebearjed
in reply to: thebearjed

screen cap #3

P.S.

I need this resolved ASAP.

Message 3 of 8

I also have this problem. When generating an isometric of a single line, the plant dividing the line in several isometrics (even selecting "force iso onto one sheet").

Is there any way to reduse the number of sheets? In the 2011 version of the program, the same line was generated in a single sheet.

Message 4 of 8

seems to be a pretty common problem. so far it seems that getting rid of spoolgen was a bad idea.

Message 5 of 8
thebearjed

I have a sloution. open the isoconfig.xml file and find this section...

<!-- 'MaxDirectionChanges': controls the maximum allowed direction changes for a spool.
Exceeding which will start -->
<!-- another spool. Setting this option to zero will ignore it. -->
<!-- 'MaxWeight': Defines the maximum weight of all components in the spool. It is not taken
into account when setting to '0'. -->
<!-- 'MaxPipeLength': A special case in spool splitting. Normally the max pipe spool is 20ft or
6m. -->
<!-- Set MaxPipeLength to 0 to ignore the option. -->
<Spool SpoolSplitMethod="OnSize" SizeLimits="96 480 96" OverflowLength="6"
MaxDirectionChanges="0" MaxWeight="0" MaxPipeLength="240" PropertyChange="PIPING-SPEC"

set the field in red to 0.

now find this section...

'CongestionLevel': (1.0 - 3.0); CongestionLevel defines the congestion level that is
allowed in an iso drawing. -->
<!-- 1.0 allows the greatest congestion. 3.0 allows the least congestion. -->
<Auto SplitSymbol="SplitMark" SpoolSplit="false" IdentifySpools="true" SplitOnCongestion="true"
CongestionLevel="1" />

set the field in red to 1.

save and close. go back to your model and produce an iso. i still check the "force onto one sheet" box. this seems to fix the problem to some degree. however, very large lines still split but for the most part they come out on one sheet.

Message 6 of 8
thebearjed

just to clarify it HELPS but does not in any way fix the problem.

why is there an option to force onto one sheet if it doesn't work??? just saying...

Message 7 of 8
eski

I am having the same issue as well.  How is this not fixed or working properly?  "force iso onto one sheet" seems like it should work exactly as it sounds, but i am still getting multiple sheets when i run the line number.  Very aggravating.

Message 8 of 8
thebearjed
in reply to: eski

what release are you running. we have upgraded to 2013 and it SEEMS to be working properly with the exception of creating a second iso for overflow of the bill of materials when needed.

here are edits that i made to the .XML file

<!-- 'MaxDirectionChanges': controls the maximum allowed direction changes for a spool.

Exceeding which will start -->

<!-- another spool. Setting this option to zero will ignore it. -->

<!-- 'MaxWeight': Defines the maximum weight of all components in the spool. It is not taken

into account when setting to '0'. -->

<!-- 'MaxPipeLength': A special case in spool splitting. Normally the max pipe spool is 20ft or

6m. -->

<!-- Set MaxPipeLength to 0 to ignore the option. -->

<Spool SpoolSplitMethod="OnSize" SizeLimits="96 480 96" OverflowLength="6"

MaxDirectionChanges="0" MaxWeight="0" MaxPipeLength="240" PropertyChange="PIPING-SPEC"

now find this section...

'CongestionLevel': (1.0 - 3.0); CongestionLevel defines the congestion level that is

allowed in an iso drawing. -->

<!-- 1.0 allows the greatest congestion. 3.0 allows the least congestion. -->

<Auto SplitSymbol="SplitMark" SpoolSplit="false" IdentifySpools="true" SplitOnCongestion="true"

CongestionLevel="1" />

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost