AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Arrows Backwards

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
thebearjed
2906 Views, 26 Replies

Flow Arrows Backwards

I have a strange issue that has just came up with extracting isometrics from the model. All the flow arrows that I place come out reversed on the isometric versus the model? (Plant 3D 2014)

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

We are having a smilar issue with break points, floor symbols, flow arrows and iso messages.  In that, if the line is ever isolated then these items do not appear in 2d wirefrme.  I agree with thebearjed these items should part of the parent pipe layer.

Message 22 of 27
klayton-ECI
in reply to: Bob_Lipchik

I'm using P3D 2016 and am having the same issue with flow arrows. It is only sometimes and on some pipes, but very frustrating. Check valves randomly show up backwards on isometrics as well. There is also another check valve issue with them not appearing in the model until I find and unfreeze a separate and unrelated layer. I am also having issues with isometrics starting in the middle of the pipe and including the beginning of the pipe on the last page or two.

Count mine as another vote for including iso symbols on their own parent line related layers. That would make life a bit easier.

Message 23 of 27
klayton-ECI
in reply to: klayton-ECI

I also wanted to add that some of my isometrics are also including sections of other lines on top of the continuation symbols and including those parts in the bills of material. It does this even when I turn off automatic split points and split by line number only. I have double checked that my fasteners are assigned to the correct lines. I don't know if this is related, but it does happen on lines with these issues.

Message 24 of 27
ho.dadgar

Hi,

Is there any way to change the size of flow arrow is Iso of plant 3D? it's not visible on the hard copy.

Thanks

Message 25 of 27
MOLGRAND

Hi,

Did anyone get to the bottom of this error - I am using 2018 & finding the same problem (I hadn't experienced it in all the previous releases) so adding flow arrows is causing me many problems now as I cant trust them on the isos.

Some advice would be good please.

Thanks

Gary Randall

Message 26 of 27
Bob_Lipchik
in reply to: MOLGRAND

I know this doesn't help you but I'm using 2018 and am not having this issue anymore.  I've not seen this issue since the 2014 release.

Message 27 of 27
milan_blom
in reply to: ho.dadgar

Hi,

In project setup - Isometric DWG settings - Symbols and reference - Edit isometrics symbols.

Choose flow arrow and resize.

See screencast:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost