AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged Piping Questions

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
jpeters
2080 Views, 25 Replies

Flanged Piping Questions

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Plant 3D (2012) and have a couple questions about flanged pipe:

1.) I can’t see a simple way to create a Flanged x Plain End pipe without using custom geometry.  This configuration doesn’t seem to be available when creating a new component.  I can create a pipe with a FL and PL port, but it graphically still shows two flanges in the model.  It seems like this should be a standard option…

2.) I’m looking for a way to connect two Flange x Flange pipes together without losing the flange connection in the middle.  An example would be a 20’ run of flanged pipe.  Say I can only get this pipe in a 17’-6” length.  I would need an intermediate joint and two spools of pipe to build this.  I’ve tried creating a flange component but it ends up changing one of the pipes to PLxPL, adds other un-needed parts and duplicates gaskets.  Is there a “break” command that forces an intermediate joint?

On a related note, I would love to see the addition (if it doesn’t already exist) of a Max Pipe length parameter in the catalog that would limit the length of pipe drawn.  When this limit is reached on a run, a flange connection would be added and a new pipe began.  This parameter should be per size since some manufactures have different maximum lengths based on nominal diameter.  Flanged US Pipe is a good example.

Thanks! -Jason

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
dtham
in reply to: dtham

Okay, thanks Got it working. Didn't realized pipe spec has flanged and non flanged.
Message 22 of 26
nawfel.bouzayani
in reply to: jpeters

I am trying to work on Pipe connection settings to allow auto flange but no success.

When I try to connect or rout from a nozzle that is configured as FF (Facing RF ou FF), it doesn't add automatically a flange and the same when I insert a flanged valve or equipment.

I tried to see some forums but doesn't help too much.

Can anybody help, please?

Message 23 of 26

Please start a new thread. This particular one has been marked answered.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 24 of 26
nawfel.bouzayani
in reply to: jpeters

Dave, I started new discussion with the same title.
Message 25 of 26
jeremy.caldwell
in reply to: dtham

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I CANNOT GET THE FLANGES TO SHOW UP! HOW DO YOU CREATE IT PROPERLY?
2016 AUTOCAD PLANT 3D
JEREMY
Message 26 of 26
dmgraves
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dad gummit.  I did this but it still makes one out of two.

dmgraves_0-1677094468024.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost