AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged Pipe Not Displaying Correctly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
tgarr12
736 Views, 8 Replies

Flanged Pipe Not Displaying Correctly

I am trying to create a lined pipe specification.  I have the fittings and pipe defined in a catalog and the com[ponents from the catalog in a specification.  The flanges on the fittings display correctly but the flanges on the pipe do not.  Plant 3D makes the connections at the joints but will not display the flanged end of the pipe.  Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks,

TGarr

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TRdesigner82
in reply to: tgarr12

Screen shot???

Message 3 of 9
tgarr12
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Here is a screen shot.  The program treats them as connected but will not display the flanged ends of the pipe.

Message 4 of 9
TRdesigner82

Are you using the proper "Flanged Pipe" in your catalog? See attached for example...

Message 5 of 9
tgarr12

That looks like the shape (CPP_F_F_) I used to create it in catalog builder.

Message 6 of 9
TRdesigner82

Do your dimensions seem similar? (attachment)

Message 7 of 9
tgarr12

I had numbers in the W1, W2 and D23 columns.  When I changed them to 0 it worked.  Thanks for the help.

I have one more question.  In a long run of straight pipe, is there a way to show the intermediate flanges in the piping between fittings?

Message 8 of 9
TRdesigner82

I don't really have an answer for you on that one. Hopefully someone else can chime in and point you in the right direction...

Message 9 of 9
tgarr12

Ok.  THanks again for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost