AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Contributor
pata825
Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Flanged connections without Gasket.

207 Views, 1 Replies
11-28-2012 07:03 AM

Hello,

I am trying to get P3D 2013 flanged connections to work so that they do not automatically insert a gasket between the two flanges. I created a new end type FLNG and I created end connection rules that had FLNG on one end and PL, BV on the other with the fastener being only bolted connections. I also did a compound rule to tel it to add a second flange for this connection. 

Where I am now is that, when I place the SO flange in the middle of a pipe run it places correctly. two flanges and a bolt set, but whenever I press enter and exit the plantpartadd command fourn drips show up there that show no connection. I went back and added a gasket to the connection rule and then it shows that it is connected.

let me know if you guys have any questions and thank you in advace,

Pat

Valued Mentor
Rich.O.3d
Message 2 of 2 (164 Views)

Re: Flanged connections without Gasket.

11-30-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: pata825

you dont connect the FLNG to PL or BV, you connect FLNG to FLNG without the gasket, the other end of the flange will have SO to connect to PL or BV (if its a slip on flange) or BV to BV if its a weldneck etc. this is not a compound joint its a  simple joint

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!