AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flanged connections without Gasket.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pata825
717 Views, 1 Reply

Flanged connections without Gasket.

Hello,

I am trying to get P3D 2013 flanged connections to work so that they do not automatically insert a gasket between the two flanges. I created a new end type FLNG and I created end connection rules that had FLNG on one end and PL, BV on the other with the fastener being only bolted connections. I also did a compound rule to tel it to add a second flange for this connection. 

Where I am now is that, when I place the SO flange in the middle of a pipe run it places correctly. two flanges and a bolt set, but whenever I press enter and exit the plantpartadd command fourn drips show up there that show no connection. I went back and added a gasket to the connection rule and then it shows that it is connected.

let me know if you guys have any questions and thank you in advace,

Pat

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: pata825

you dont connect the FLNG to PL or BV, you connect FLNG to FLNG without the gasket, the other end of the flange will have SO to connect to PL or BV (if its a slip on flange) or BV to BV if its a weldneck etc. this is not a compound joint its a  simple joint

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost