AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Size become huge ( 80 MB)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hussain
1434 Views, 4 Replies

File Size become huge ( 80 MB)

I have done piping in a project with only 10 equipments in it and the piping file size has gone so huge of 80 MB which causes system hanging frequently even with best hardware configuration.

16 GB RAM and 2 GB NVIDIA Graphics card & 500 GB HDD.

Our Projects are very big and have intense piping in it. Can any one help me to give work around on how to reduce file size for this current project as well as new projects ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TRdesigner82
in reply to: hussain

Simplify your equipment. If you're using STEP files make sure you shrinkwrap them and try to make them as small as possible. 

Message 3 of 5
JohnHolder

http://www.davetyner.com/plantBuddy/How-to-Manage-Large-Projects-in-AutoCAD-Plant-3D.pdf

This article helped me as well.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 5
hussain
in reply to: JohnHolder

Thanks john haldor and tr designer for the reply.

@John Haldor, I have followed that one but their is no clear cut defintion to reduce the piping file upto 10 MB. The more piping you have in a small area the more bulky the file size become. Even if you have four equipments then also it will go upto 40 to 50 MB depending upon piping complexity.

@TR designer, I am not using any step files for creating equipment.Its only the equipment creation panel of plant 3d.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
vakhtang

sometimes good old purge helps a lot 🙂 purge regapps as well as blocks - plant 3D creates tons of unneeded blocks in your drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost