AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error on Custom Parts AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rybobales
705 Views, 3 Replies

Fatal Error on Custom Parts AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013

I am getting a fatal error when i click on 'Custom Parts'. This was working a few weeks ago but since has been crashing AutoCAD. Short of reinstalling I am unsure of what to do. The Fatal error is alway and "Unhandled access violation reading 0x0000 exception at *******" the last part is always different but i attached 4 of the errors i have seen today. It seems to make no difference what Spec or even what project i am in.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chad70811
in reply to: rybobales

I have experienced the same problem after installing P3D 2013. I ended up tracing the problem back to P3D 2013 not properly migrating all of my specs from P3D 2012, especially my custom part catalog and specs. Check and make sure that all of your specs and catalogs have been properly migrated to 2013. After doing this the error went away and custom parts are working fine again. 

hope this helps, 

Chad

Message 3 of 4
rybobales
in reply to: chad70811

Worked like a charm! I'm not sure how, as that it would do that in the default project with no 2012 specs, But after i updated all specs and catalogs and saved them it did just as it should!

Thanks a lot!

Ryan

Message 4 of 4
nlarez
in reply to: rybobales

I know this one is a little old, but thought it still might be helpful.

I was also getting this. I was able to use it once, then after that, Plant would Fatal error every time. The odd thing was that other users in the project did not have this problem. I was the one to migrate the specs from 2012 to 2013 so I was fairly sure they all had migrated fine; as we had been using them for some time now with no other issues.

What ended up working for me was using "audit"

it found and fixed some errors in the drawing I was working in and then it started working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost