AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error - Click/Hover on pipe elevation grip

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
janp
458 Views, 2 Replies

Fatal Error - Click/Hover on pipe elevation grip

A recent bug has reared its ugly head on my P3D 2014 and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I can perform the operation maybe once or twice after reopening Plant, but then I will click (and hover causes error too) on the elevation grip and a fatal error is caused. This has happened too many times now to be a coincidence. I have subimtted a few crash reports to Autodesk as well.

As a side note I have installed the Expansion 2 update but, but I have been working with it for a few days with no real problems and this error did not start right after the update, so it may or may not be related.

I have done project and drawing audits and the next step may be to create a new project again.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dan.Scales
in reply to: janp

Hi,

This is actually an infrequently occurring core AutoCAD issue that is related to grips.

Try setting GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL to 0 and retest.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Dan.Scales

I have also had this occur in Plant 2015 as well.  Does anyone know if the problem has been "fixed" yet with a service pack or hot fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost