AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Tired of the CRASHES!!!!

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
dzine14u
943 Views, 22 Replies

Extremely Tired of the CRASHES!!!!

Let me start by saying that having everyday crashes are nothing new for me.  In fact it has been happening for years but without ever really getting any real solutions from Autodesk in spite of hundreds of those error reports submitted when AutoCAD crashes.  Although I do my best to manage and reduce the number of daily crashes, it still happens 2 to 8 times daily...mostly when doing 3D work.

To this point I've followed numerous suggestions such as "turn off your tool tips" or "adjust your memory" etc...none of which have solved the problem.  I am starting to wonder if my graphics card is not well suited for doing larger & more complex 3D models.  Here is all the info on what I am running now:

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014

Dell Precision T3500 Desktop w/Intel Xeon CPU  W3550 @ 3.07GHz

12.0GB Installed RAM

64 Bit Operating System / Windows 7 Professional (SP1)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro 2000

What I do not want is more throwing darts in the dark at the problem.  These crashes are an incredible waste of time costing our small firm a lot of money and loss of productivity.  Considering how much the software costs this should not be the continuous problem that it is.

Please, finally provide some real solutions!!!

ALSO:  If any others are experiencing regular crashes PLEASE CHIME IN!  Has anyone else found a way to help fix the problem???

Chuck Altmix
Lead Engineering Designer
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
marodilp
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hello guys,

Crashing is quite an issue with AutoCAD based products, but my opinion is the following:

I have a quite good gaming graphics card in my notebook(2 years old), with win8 installed. I had crashes many times before, without any typical reason, and on the top, they were inconsistent. Then I tried many graphics card driver(even 8-10 earlier version), and after many tests, I found one that worked fine. The result: newer driver version does not mean better. It is a frail balance, but finally I only have crashes once in 2 weeks. My card is nVidia gt555m, the driver version is 314.22, but I think every hardware-op system spec is different, so you have to test. I am hopeful, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 🙂

Cheers,

Laszlo

Message 22 of 23
dzine14u

Peter:

I installed SP1 yesterday and I am trying to reduce the amount of time I spend in the realistic visual style.  I will be doing 3D modeling work all day today so lets see how it goes.  I will let you know by weeks end if this seems to reduce the frequency of crashes.

Thank you again for your suggestions

Chuck Altmix
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com
Message 23 of 23
dzine14u

Peter:

After installing the SP1 update things do seem to be running a bit better.  I still have quirky things occuring and have to close P3D and restart several times daily but the crashes do seem to have been reduced.  Part of it may be because of my heightened anti-crash management.  However I did notice that P3D started MUCH faster the first time this morning.  (It was taking over 10 minutes before applying the SP1 update).

I will keep you updated on this and thank you again for your input as well as from all who posted to this thread.

Chuck Altmix
Upper Consulting, Inc.
www.upperconsulting.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost