AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting spec files without excel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JRPalmer
366 Views, 4 Replies

exporting spec files without excel

Is there a way to export spec files without Excel. I have access to Excel but it is on my network which my AutoCad program is not. I was wondering if there was a way that I can export .xls file or.csv file and then open it up on my network  and modify it and then put it back on my desktop and use it to import into spec editor.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
raj.inugala
in reply to: JRPalmer

Let me do a quick test and get back to you...

Raj.

Message 3 of 5
raj.inugala
in reply to: raj.inugala

Currently we only support exporting Spec/Catalog information into XSL and XSLX files. So, we need Excel installed in the machine where you are trying to export.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Raj.

Message 4 of 5
JRPalmer
in reply to: raj.inugala

Thank you

In future releases will that be an option to just export it as a csv file or exporting it without having microsoft excel on the same computer.

I remember when my trial for Excel ran out and I switched to using the network my BOM were being exported as CSV files from AutoCAD plant.

Message 5 of 5
raj.inugala
in reply to: JRPalmer

Hello JRPalmer,

I will communicate this, as a wish-list item for our future release, to our product management team. Thank you for taking time to report this.

Thanks,

Raj.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost