AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export catalog with unique id

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tmccar
580 Views, 5 Replies

Export catalog with unique id

I would like to export a catalog (pcat) to Excel with a unique identifier field as one of the columns. Is there any way to achieve this using Spec Editor on Catalog Builder?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tmccar

The default unique Identifier is the PnPID column which is exported.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
tmccar
in reply to: dave.wolfe

It's not unique unfortunately - you can have a part from "Supplier X" and apart from "Supplier Y" with the same PNPid. I would like to be able to distinguish between them.

Message 4 of 6
dave.wolfe

Actually, it is unique for the catalog.  If you have the same PnPID in a spreadsheet in excel, I suspect the last entry will overwrite the first one.  The PnPID is used by the program to know which database row should get updated.

Spoiler

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 6
tmccar
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I would like to have a unique id across all catalogs - what is the best way to achieve this? (I would like to leave the catalogs intact if I can).

Message 6 of 6
dave.wolfe

You can do an export to Excel and then use the Item Code (Part Number) field.  You'll have to fill it in manually for every item (unless you want to use some sort of calculated field).

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost