AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Contributor
HEANRorkraft
Message 1 of 5 (1,286 Views)
Accepted Solution

Exclude parts in Report Creator

1286 Views, 4 Replies
12-12-2012 04:29 AM

I have a problem with Report Generator that i can't figure out. I am currently in a project where I am connecting to existing pipes. I have modeled these existing pipes but I don't want them in my MTO (of course). I have set the properties for these pipes to "existing" but the still appear in the MTO. The total length of pipes is too much. 

How do I exclude pipes and other equipment from the MTO automatically?

Hello,

First, do you have access to the Report Designer Manual? Please refer to this forum link and the post by Jason Drew, he provides a link to access the manual. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Report-Creator/td-p/.UMpZaG_Ae_w

The field I used in the Pipe properties was Status. There you can assign the pipe as either New, Existing or Demolition.

Image1.png

Then, I opened Report Creator and I created a new report based off of my existing 3D Parts report. You can either generate a new one or base it off another existing report depending what you are wanting to do. Then I selected Edit and Edit Report layout. I added a new column to include the status.

Image2.png

You will then need to setup a filter. This filter will only place the New items you set in the Status.

Image3.png

Image4.png

Now I will run the default 3D Parts report. Pay notice to the total pipe lengths.

Image5.png

Now the new report that filters Status for New items.

Image6.png

Hopefully, this guides you in the direction you needed.

Product Support
quentin.contreras
Message 2 of 5 (1,252 Views)

Re: Exclude parts in Report Creator

12-13-2012 03:08 PM in reply to: HEANRorkraft

Hello,

First, do you have access to the Report Designer Manual? Please refer to this forum link and the post by Jason Drew, he provides a link to access the manual. 

The field I used in the Pipe properties was Status. There you can assign the pipe as either New, Existing or Demolition.

Image1.png

Then, I opened Report Creator and I created a new report based off of my existing 3D Parts report. You can either generate a new one or base it off another existing report depending what you are wanting to do. Then I selected Edit and Edit Report layout. I added a new column to include the status.

Image2.png

You will then need to setup a filter. This filter will only place the New items you set in the Status.

Image3.png

Image4.png

Now I will run the default 3D Parts report. Pay notice to the total pipe lengths.

Image5.png

Now the new report that filters Status for New items.

Image6.png

Hopefully, this guides you in the direction you needed.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Quentin Contreras
Contributor
HEANRorkraft
Message 3 of 5 (1,244 Views)

12-13-2012 11:21 PM in reply to: quentin.contreras

Mr. Contreras,

Thank you for a very detailed reply. This is exactly the kind of answers we want when we post questions here! 

Regards

Henrik Andersson

Sweden

Active Contributor
evadmoore
Message 4 of 5 (750 Views)

03-19-2014 06:06 AM in reply to: quentin.contreras

I tried to access to the Report Designer Manual?

But it is no longer valid.

Is there a new lick for Reporter 2013 or 2014?

Please refer to this forum link and the post by Jason Drew, he provides a link to access the manual. 

Mentor
cadwomen
Message 5 of 5 (745 Views)

03-19-2014 06:19 AM in reply to: evadmoore

re you looking for this ?

Report Designer

still the same till 2011

cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.