AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

matthijs
Message 11 of 19 (3,656 Views)

Re: Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

02-24-2012 12:40 AM in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi,

I've instructed our AutoCad Mechanical 2012 users to send all Error Reports to AutoDesk.

For now nobody has a solution yet?

matthijs
Message 12 of 19 (3,649 Views)

02-24-2012 04:48 AM in reply to: PeterQuinn

If AutoCad does not ask to send an Error Report, is there still a dumpdata.zip file created?

and if so, where can I send them manually?

AZelaya
Message 13 of 19 (3,631 Views)

03-05-2012 07:52 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

try deleting a third party Object enabler (autoplant) the you may have installed then try repair Plant 3D 2012 (in other cases you may need to re-install) it should work properly after that.

Atilio Zelaya

Total Cad Systems Inc

*Expert Elite*
DuncanBrannan82
Message 14 of 19 (3,597 Views)

03-09-2012 08:46 AM in reply to: matthijs

This problem is back! Can anyone please advise what this could be related to? It is killing Plant 3D 2012.

Basically our users can log on once and it works fine, they log off and back on and then it wont work and the error pops up???

Regards,

Duncan

If my post was helpful to you, please could you give "Kudos" and/or mark the "Accept as Solution" button(s) below. Thanks in Advance!

Duncan Brannan Send DuncanBrannan82 a Private Message
*Expert Elite*
DuncanBrannan82
Message 15 of 19 (3,575 Views)

03-14-2012 04:27 PM in reply to: matthijs

To all who are interested in this...

We seem to have identified a workaround for this which is to run the software as the Win 7 'Run As Administrator'. How we got to this was quite a challenege but here goes.

When a user logged on to a machine, under their non admin they got the error in the subject. However, if i logged on to the machine in my non admin profile or admin i could open Plant 3D fine so that made us think permissions.

We gave the user the exact same permissions as my profile but the error wouldnt go away for them... If we then logged on as the user and ran the shortcut as 'Run As Administrator' it worked, however this was using my admin login. We then logged on as admin profile and ran the software as 'Run As Administrator' to test.

Then we took the settings off the users non admin profile and Plant seems to open ok for them but whats changed? Was a permission wrongly set in one of the install folders or the registry that was recified when we logged on as admin and ran as admin. My feeling is that this error is related to the permissions on the registry keys in Plant 3D and sql.

Could we be on to something?

For those that are using Mechnaical, does this use SQL?

Regards,

Duncan

If my post was helpful to you, please could you give "Kudos" and/or mark the "Accept as Solution" button(s) below. Thanks in Advance!

*Expert Elite*
DuncanBrannan82
Message 16 of 19 (3,563 Views)

03-16-2012 02:09 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

More information for you all...

Our IT department had a real good go at this and provided me with the following regarding this issue which you might want to try for yourselves?

However, they did say that they tired so many things it is hard to say what really fixed it in the end.

Grant User PC Admin Rights

• ·         In Registry delete HKCU\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD (If multiple versions may just delete the specific 18.2 etc)
  • ·         Under users profile delete AutoCAD Plant 3d folder from AppData\Local\Autodesk and AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
  • ·         Run AutoCAD 2012, should go through final stages of setup again
  • ·         Run AutoCAD Plant as admin

If these alone don’t work you could try the below also and repeat steps above;

• ·         In Registry delete HKLM\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD Plant
  • ·         Run a reinstall of AutoCAD Plant

Good luck, i hope this helps others who are having this issue.

Regards,

Duncan

Active Contributor
alexanderjsol
Message 17 of 19 (3,425 Views)

05-01-2012 10:53 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

In my case, the error happened in AutoCAD MEP 2012 trying to modify the elevation of an MV Part. What exactly does that **.exe do?

Thanks,

Alex 

Contributor
syed.dzulkarnain
Message 18 of 19 (2,661 Views)

11-25-2012 07:53 PM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

is this the solution?

Active Contributor
WWFreeman
Message 19 of 19 (2,255 Views)

03-07-2013 11:38 AM in reply to: DuncanBrannan82

I saw this error first as I was copying objects.

I had one DWG (call it DWG1) from which I was reading all elements and putting them in another DWG (call it DWG2).

I forgot to use .Clone() on objects acquired from DWG1 before trying to insert them into DWG2. The thing is, I really had opened DWG1 for reading only. I haven't tested what would have happend if I changed that access right. I just corrected the code to use .Clone() and it worked like a charm.

So the most general answer is that I was trying to write particular objects pulled from a place that was designated as read-only. Try to pin this down in sense of your business logic.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.