AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
ukdxb012
34550 Views, 20 Replies

Error "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write"

Dear all,

We have noticed an issue on one machine regarding a project we have started in Plant 3D. The error that comes up when we open the project is "INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobji.cpp@7319 eNot Open For Write". Has any one come across this? Does anyone out there have any best practice documents etc on project setup?

The reason for asking is that now when we open Plant 3D, the same project tries to open but crashes everytime and closes Plant 3D. The only way to get it working again is to delete the USER Key in the registry and fire up the secondary installer for Plant 3D... This removes the link and loads the default project template. We can open the project again but unfortunately we end up in the same position...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
dave.wolfe
in reply to: ukdxb012

I've seen people not able to open a project, but I haven't seen that error come up.  

The resolution we came across was to rename the project on the network, and then use the newly named project.  

Of course, I have no idea whether that will work in this scenario. 

The error that you posted general comes when an application has opened an AutoCAD database object to read it, but neglected to upgrade it's permissions to allow writing back to that object.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 21
ukdxb012
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

We can now get back into Plant 3D 2012 by opening the drawing directly from Windows Explorer, personally i think that the issue is related to the Project Manager and the XML behind it as i can create a project and it works fine. Something has to be amiss here but im not sure what it is i should be looking for that could cause this?

Are you aware of any best practice documents for project setup, just to read over...

Also, Do you know if there are any altercations with user permissions or locked files etc? *.dwl / *.lock / *.plck

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 21
Dan.Scales

Hi Duncan,

Does the same issue happen if you open the project from another machine?

You could try running the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe on the problem machine.

This is located in the install directory:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 - English

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 21
ukdxb012
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your response! We did try opening the file on another machine but the same happened unfortunately.

I will send your suggestion on in terms of the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe and let you know how we get on.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 21
Dan.Scales

Hi Duncan,

I suspect the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe won't fix this if the project itself is causing the issue.

I'll do some more research on the error and get back to you.

Thanks,
Dan 

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 21
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Can you post your project xml so we can take a look at it?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 8 of 21
fjpiper

I have one user who is getting this same error, but it's using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012. It's driving me nuts! There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this.

Message 9 of 21
matthijs
in reply to: fjpiper

Same issue over here with AutoCad Mechanical 2012 (with update pack 1) on two machines so far.

It happens random and have not found a solution yet.

Message 10 of 21
PeterQuinn
in reply to: matthijs

A quick google search shows that it happens with other Autodesk applications too. No luck with a definite answer. My only thought is to make sure you send in the error report if it asks. That way our developers can see what's failing and fix it.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 21
matthijs
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi,

I've instructed our AutoCad Mechanical 2012 users to send all Error Reports to AutoDesk.

For now nobody has a solution yet?

Message 12 of 21
matthijs
in reply to: PeterQuinn

If AutoCad does not ask to send an Error Report, is there still a dumpdata.zip file created?

and if so, where can I send them manually?

Message 13 of 21
AZelaya

try deleting a third party Object enabler (autoplant) the you may have installed then try repair Plant 3D 2012 (in other cases you may need to re-install) it should work properly after that.

Atilio Zelaya

Total Cad Systems Inc

Message 14 of 21
ukdxb012

This problem is back! Can anyone please advise what this could be related to? It is killing Plant 3D 2012.

Basically our users can log on once and it works fine, they log off and back on and then it wont work and the error pops up???

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 15 of 21
ukdxb012

To all who are interested in this...

We seem to have identified a workaround for this which is to run the software as the Win 7 'Run As Administrator'. How we got to this was quite a challenege but here goes.

When a user logged on to a machine, under their non admin they got the error in the subject. However, if i logged on to the machine in my non admin profile or admin i could open Plant 3D fine so that made us think permissions.

We gave the user the exact same permissions as my profile but the error wouldnt go away for them... If we then logged on as the user and ran the shortcut as 'Run As Administrator' it worked, however this was using my admin login. We then logged on as admin profile and ran the software as 'Run As Administrator' to test.

Then we took the settings off the users non admin profile and Plant seems to open ok for them but whats changed? Was a permission wrongly set in one of the install folders or the registry that was recified when we logged on as admin and ran as admin. My feeling is that this error is related to the permissions on the registry keys in Plant 3D and sql.

Could we be on to something?

For those that are using Mechnaical, does this use SQL?

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 16 of 21
ukdxb012

More information for you all...

Our IT department had a real good go at this and provided me with the following regarding this issue which you might want to try for yourselves?

However, they did say that they tired so many things it is hard to say what really fixed it in the end.

Grant User PC Admin Rights

• ·         In Registry delete HKCU\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD (If multiple versions may just delete the specific 18.2 etc)
  • ·         Under users profile delete AutoCAD Plant 3d folder from AppData\Local\Autodesk and AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
  • ·         Run AutoCAD 2012, should go through final stages of setup again
  • ·         Run AutoCAD Plant as admin

If these alone don’t work you could try the below also and repeat steps above;

• ·         In Registry delete HKLM\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD Plant
  • ·         Run a reinstall of AutoCAD Plant

Good luck, i hope this helps others who are having this issue.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 17 of 21
alexanderjsol

In my case, the error happened in AutoCAD MEP 2012 trying to modify the elevation of an MV Part. What exactly does that **.exe do?

Thanks,

Alex 

Message 18 of 21
syed.dzulkarnain

is this the solution?

Message 19 of 21
WWFreeman

I saw this error first as I was copying objects.

I had one DWG (call it DWG1) from which I was reading all elements and putting them in another DWG (call it DWG2).

I forgot to use .Clone() on objects acquired from DWG1 before trying to insert them into DWG2. The thing is, I really had opened DWG1 for reading only. I haven't tested what would have happend if I changed that access right. I just corrected the code to use .Clone() and it worked like a charm.

So the most general answer is that I was trying to write particular objects pulled from a place that was designated as read-only. Try to pin this down in sense of your business logic.

Message 20 of 21
it
Contributor

when i going to copy some thing this error comes :  INTERNAL ERROR: !dbobi.ccp@8615: eNotropenForWrite  :
and i have all tips which is porviding by youe

• ·         In Registry delete HKCU\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD (If multiple versions may just delete the specific 18.2 etc)
  • ·         Under users profile delete AutoCAD Plant 3d folder from AppData\Local\Autodesk and AppData\Roaming\Autodesk
  • ·         Run AutoCAD 2012, should go through final stages of setup again
  • ·         Run AutoCAD Plant as admin

If these alone don’t work you could try the below also and repeat steps above;

• ·         In Registry delete HKLM\Software\AutoDesk\AutoCAD Plant
  • ·         Run a reinstall of AutoCAD Plant

give me another way to fixe it 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost