AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating ISO "Failure - Index out of range."

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CeconCraig
1954 Views, 8 Replies

Error creating ISO "Failure - Index out of range."

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to fix the error below? I'm trying to create an isometric for a pipe that I have modified in Plant 2015.

FAILURE - Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Thanks, 

Craig

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CeconCraig
in reply to: CeconCraig

Below is the complete log.

Iso Creation start time : 6/12/2014 9:24:54 AM
Iso Creation finish time: 6/12/2014 9:25:29 AM
Duration : 00:00:35
Output folder : C:\Users\Craig\Documents\AltaMesa\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B\ProdIsos\Drawings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Isometric(s) were not able to be created:
C:\Users\Craig\Documents\AltaMesa\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B\PCFs\B-305.pcf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO - Loading input: 'C:\Users\Craig\Documents\AltaMesa\Isometric\Check_ANSI-B\PCFs\B-305.pcf'
INFO - Loaded '2' model(s).
INFO - Processing: 'B-305-1'.
WARNING - No break points have been specified.
INFO - Model-split has been skipped.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
FAILURE - Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

Message 3 of 9
PeterQuinn

Can you determine if the problem is with the configuration or the piping model?

Run a different line - do you still get the same problem? If so, it's likely a problem in the isoconfig.xml or one of the other files that specify how the iso should look.

Run the same line in a different iso style - do you get the same problem? Then, it's likely a problem with one of the components in the line itself.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
CeconCraig
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks for the reply. I've successfully run several other lines using the same iso style. When I try running the same line using a different iso style I get the same message. So I'm guessing it must be one component in the line. Any advice on how to find that component?

Thanks again for the help.

Message 5 of 9
PeterQuinn

Sure. Do a binary search. What I mean is run half the line and see if there is a problem. If it works, then run the other half. On the failing half, divide it in half again and repeat.

I'd make a copy and work on the copy. Easiest way to divide in half is erase the half that you're not interested in. You could also use quick iso on your original, but that way you'll have to be careful to select the pieces accurately. 

It shouldn't take more than three or four tries to find the problem component.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
CeconCraig
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Unfortunately that didn't work. I've also tried clearing the Purge Project Cache and running PLANTAUDIT and AUDIT PROJECT with no luck. Looks like my only option is to recreate my project using the old one as a template.

Thanks,

Craig

Message 7 of 9
paul.tyrer

I think I may have found a solution to this issue. I have had this occur on a couple of Iso's and in both cases the problem has been down to inaccurate modelling. In this case there was a 0.7mm discrepancy in the Z direction.

iso fail.JPG

On further investigation, the Model Placement Adjustments in  the Iso Default Settings page were set to the default value of zero. Setting this to 0.5 appears to have solved the issue, however it should not be used to clear bad modelling!

Message 8 of 9
paul.tyrer
in reply to: paul.tyrer

Slight update! The discrepancy was 1.2mm, not 0.7. However, correcting this has cleared the error. So basically make sure that there are no positional errors in your models.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
K0702297
in reply to: paul.tyrer

Dear all,

I have same problems when generate isometric dwg from Plant 2016.

Please help me.

Thank for your help.

PIC-05.PNGPIC-06.PNGPIC-07.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost