AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Tagging. P&ID and P3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Layout-Bob
569 Views, 2 Replies

Equipment Tagging. P&ID and P3D

Hi

We have used P&ID since it was released. However now we are doing our first project with P3D. At this stage all equipment is tagged in P&ID with a custom "Tag format" within "Class settings: Equipment". Inside these tag formats it is defined several subparts with selection lists for our designers to pick from.

At first I thought that it were a link between tags in P&ID and Plant3D. Apparently not. Next step was setting up class definitions for plant 3D. Then i discovered that our tag format and selection lists were not available from the P3D section in Project Setup.

Is this how it should be? Or are we doing something wrong here. It should not be necessary to maintain several identical lists?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bogdanov.y
in reply to: Layout-Bob

P3D and P&ID stay in the same software but work diferent. There are databases (class definitions) for P&ID and others databases for P3D. That's why you need to create all configurate lists of P&ID in P3D. And for each new component you need to map it. During the mapping is necessary to say to P3D which component of P&ID it is, and which properties you want to copy from P&ID.

I hope that in the future release the databases will be the same (Type of equipments, services, diametres, and others...)

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bogdanov.y

i sure hope that it is possible to tag everything in Plant 3D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost