AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elbow Path Angle - Plant3d 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dennis
1465 Views, 4 Replies

Elbow Path Angle - Plant3d 2012

I have been working in the Ductile Iron Spec.  I needed to add another size elbow, including 90 degree, 45d, 22.5d and 11.25d.  I added these elbows just fine to the catalog, however, I can't change their Path Angle.  The Path Angle is on the general tab rather than being a setting for each elbow.  The odd thing is that the existing elbows do, over in the Spec tab will show the different Path Angles.  But in the Spec view, Edit Properties, I cannot change these values. 

How is this done?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dennis

The settings on the general tab will get applied to each size within the same part family long description.  The Sizes tab under Size Parameters actually controls the angle that gets drawn in 3D. 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
dennis
in reply to: dave.wolfe

THe outta box Ductile Iron elbows are not parametric but instead are block based.  Consequently, I do not have the Size Parameters section of the dialog.  I have added an attachment to better show what I am seeing.

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dennis

Yes, I believe the Ductile was converted from the MEP catalog which was all block based.  I recommend creating your own elbows using the drawing routines and create your own catalog.  The catalog editor has flanged component drawing routines which is much simpler than using block based.

If you just want to keep using block based items, you could insert a custom part using the drawing routines and then block the created object.  That may be the simplest route, but you would need to be on 2013 to create the flanged elbows.

For bulk part creation, you may want to play with the catalog builder some.  In those instances, it can save some time over the Spec Editor.  

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: dave.wolfe

You might also look into using the AWWA catalog content pack. http://autocad.autodesk.com/?nd=plant_content_packs It is parametric.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost