AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing the "Field Mounted Discrete Instrument" blocks - AutoCAD P&ID 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
dave
2789 Views, 8 Replies

Editing the "Field Mounted Discrete Instrument" blocks - AutoCAD P&ID 2015

The standard instruments based on the ISA standard has this awful block around the text in the instrument bubble. After looking at the class definitions, I have managed to remove the box from the instrument blocks, except, I cannot find the class defninition for a "Field Mounted Discrete Instrument", as used by default for the Control Valve, PSV, Strainer, etc.

Can someone please tell me how to edit the block to remove these boxes around the text when the button is not selectable (as shown in the image attached). Many thanks, this has been driving me crazy!!!

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dave

It's a wipeout, used to mask the bubble if the text instead gets too long for the bubble. Use WIPEOUTFRAMES or the normal WIPEOUT, FRAME, OFF to turn those off in the template.  

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 9
dave
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Many thanks for the excellent answer

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 4 of 9
dave

For future reference, how would you edit the block in this instance where the the block "Edit" button does not appear selectable?

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 5 of 9
dave.wolfe

When the symbol isn't editable, or properties have a * by the property name, the symbol is defined in a parent class.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 6 of 9
dave

Dave, thank you for the amazing help you've given me today.

If I'm not over-extending my questions, could you help me on this? I understand the parent class philosophy but for the life of me cannot find where it's defined. By hitting the "Edit Text" box in the "Annotation" section, after selecting the Control Valve, I see that the block name used is the "Field Mounted Discrete Instrument Style_block". I am unusure where this block is defined & how I can edit it. For example, I want to change the text style & add a client-specific item to the symbol. Also, I am unsure where in the settings it defines the parent class of a class.

Thank you again - I appreciate the help.

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 7 of 9
dave.wolfe

The parent class is the node one level up, so select inline instruments and then you can modify the annotation.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 8 of 9
dave

Yet again, a fantastic answer. Many thanks

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 9 of 9
ttarvinZGY27

Thanks Dave Bradbury for bringing this up. Thanks Dave Wolfe for providing the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost