AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRL Pipes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JRPalmer
838 Views, 8 Replies

DRL Pipes

Is there a way I set a limit for piping to never exceed 40 ft or some other number?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bogdanov.y
in reply to: JRPalmer

It's true. Is nesessary to do like this in next release:

Sin título.jpg

And install flange connection automatically every max length.

Message 3 of 9
JRPalmer
in reply to: bogdanov.y

What I was actually looking for was a way for the length of pipe to be no more then 40 ft, but then get welded onto another pipe in the iso drawing. The closest I can get to it right now is inserting a break at the 40 ft mark and hope people realize that they needs to be a weld there. I just have to figure out how to get the break to be at exactly 40 ft, and for the ISO to show that measurement. 

Message 4 of 9
bogdanov.y

For this you need to insert iso symbol in the model 3D, the name of symbol is "break point":

iso.jpg

To view this symbol in the 3D model after insert is nessessary activate Wireframe view, there is one small sphere.

iso1.jpg

Message 5 of 9
JRPalmer
in reply to: bogdanov.y

My problem is not placing in a break point just placing one in exactly where I want one. There seems to be no logic where they go, unless it is at a node.

Message 6 of 9
Rich.O.3d

MANUAL METHOD...you could add a custom part....

make an object (line or circle or donut or...)

turn to block...plantpartconvert (add 2 ports, starting from same point and going out in opp directions)....skey=WW (or WF for field weld), type=WELD

you can then use dynamic input to make it a distance (40ft?) from the last weld or fitting.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 7 of 9
JRPalmer

Thank you that worked very well.

Message 8 of 9
JRPalmer

It worked good for all of the Welds except the 3" weld, for some reason  it says can't connect Eccentric ports. I did the exact same thing for all the other welds that I did for the 3" weld.

Has anybody ran across this before and know how to fix it or know why it could be wrong?

Message 9 of 9
Rich.O.3d

plant is pretty niggly about alignment errors...change your units to max decimal places and measure your nodes you will probly find that there has been a rounding error while drafting...i find ones that for no apparrent reason are 0.00000234 units out of whack giving the misalign error...I sometimes need to remake custom parts 2 or 3 times doing seemingly the same thing every time and hey presto on go 3 it works (freud said the defenition of crazy is repeating the same process and expecting a different result...its official...plant, you make me crazy 😜 )

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost