AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JohnHolder
320 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing error

in attempt to <recover> I get ( also get the same error after restarting the program )

AudoCAD Message

Program Errors were detected.

Recommend that you save your work and restart the program.

and any attempt to open the drawing, I get

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violatin Reading 0x965ba00 Exception at ee49d87fh

it was working fine yesterday, I have done no work on the file since it was opening correctly.

Audit project comes up with no errors ( with all files closed )

Recover does not work since I get the above error..

trying to open the drawing results in a fatal error...

so looks like I have to redo the entire drawing?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

If you'd like to email me the file or post it if it's not to private, I can look at it.  I'm also wondering if there is something in the data cache that conflicts.  Have you tried clearing it?

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/03/plant-3d-startup-hanging/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I cannot really post it on an open forum, it's quite private right now with alot of copywritten material.  the project folder is getting up there too 427 megs ( the dwgs alone are 279 megs )

I think I may have an idea of what happened.. I have 5 main files - smolt / juvenile / growout / building.  and the growout is doubled for two systems.  what I did was mirror the growout, and save the mirror to another file and added it to the project, then went through and re-tagged all the lines and equipment.  *I do not think P3D liked that - and it is most likely the reason the file blew up on me as the OP*

Another issue that I just noticed, while using x-ref overlays to finish up tying up the systems is that not all of the files are at #0,0,0?!   but in the building file, they all connect properly in P3D, but when I overlayed the building into a single file say smolt or juvenile, #0,0,0 was off by ~45ft on Y axis and ~80ft on X axiz?!?

so I am making daily backups of the project and I am hoping that I can finish the revisions and construction sheet set before the entire thing goes up in smoke.

I hope this is not normal for large projects?

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

If you'd like to send the drawing to me via our website you can do that as well:

http://www.pdoteam.com/contact-us/send-files/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I'll talk to the boss and clear it.

John.

Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost