AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw and modify multiple pipes simultaneously

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oystehu
717 Views, 3 Replies

Draw and modify multiple pipes simultaneously

I am just learning Plant 3D, and so far it work's well. I'm currently working on a coolings system of a melting plant where there is a lot of piping. I'm wondering if there is a way to draw several pipes simultaneously? Currently I'm drawing each pipe manually. When there is maybe in total 40 equal pips heading the same direction, it would be a lot easier if all 40 pipes could be drawn and modified at once. Anybody have an idea how to make multiple-pipe piping easier?

Any help will be appreciated!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: oystehu

Hi,

One method would be to draw the pipe routes using multiple AutoCAD lines and then use the PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE to convert the lines to pipes in one go.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 4
oystehu
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Tnx! That worked great when creating straight pipes, but creating muliple bends is still a struggle. What about if you need to move several pipes after the PLANTCONVERTLINETOPIPE command has been applied? Is there a way to select several pipes and move them without loosing connection to nodes at each end of pipe?

Message 4 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: oystehu

Hi,

The bends should bends/elbows should be drawn OK with the Line to Pipe command. 

Regarding editing the pipes simultaneously, you can use the stretch command on multiple pipes but they will really need to be following the same path along their axis. It is only possible to d fairly simple edits in this way.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost