AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to get iso to stop doing that?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
mikeshr2
736 Views, 13 Replies

Does anyone know how to get iso to stop doing that?

We are field welding everything and they want isos that contain as much stuff on each sheet as possible.  Turning down the packing is not an option, ecspecially since 90% of the other isos come out perfect.  It's just that 1 in 10 is like this and if there was a way to control leader length it would be all good.

358-1.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jabowabo
in reply to: mikeshr2

Look for 'BumperDistance' in the isoConfig.xml file. Reduce it and test as necessary.

Message 3 of 14
mikeshr2
in reply to: jabowabo

Thanks for the reply.  That shortens the leader by moving arrow toward the bubble.  Would be nice if it did the opposite, move bubble closer to the arrow and whatever is being pointed at.

Message 4 of 14
jabowabo

Hmm, pretty sure it moves bubble to arrow in my case. Been a while since I adjusted it - I'll check it again when I get time. I think mine is set to .3 but can't check right now.
Btw, what version are you running? 2014 SP1 and Extension 1 affected the distance on my machines.
Message 5 of 14
mikeshr2

Changing a bunch of the settings in that theme/annotations section did not make a difference in how it looks.  But are you saying that you can have SP1 and Extensions at the same time?  The attached document describes the feature of extension 2 that should solve the problem and then some.  But I was under impression that SP1 and subscription extensions were mutally exclusive.  If they are not then it's really good news.

Message 6 of 14
jabowabo

I have a few machines that I installed SP1 on and had issues with leader distance so I tried installing ext2 over the top of sp1. It corrected the problem for me without any apparent adverse side effects but I can't guarantee you won't have problems since autodesk does not advise it.
Message 7 of 14
jabowabo

Btw, if you need to do an uninstall, be sure to uninstall ext2 before P3D.
Message 8 of 14
mikeshr2

I really appreciate this.  So if I understand your post right, those few machines did not have ext1 on them when you installed ext 2?

Message 9 of 14
jabowabo

Correct.

Message 10 of 14
mikeshr2

An attempt to install Ext 2 on P3D 2014 SP1 has not been succeful.

ext2.jpg

EDIT:however my advanced iso options box no longer has "force on one sheet" option and a new iso that used to have the above described problem, no longer has it and looks good.

Message 11 of 14
PeterQuinn

If I recall correctly, you should not install 2014 SP1 before installing Ext 2. All of the fixes for SP1 are included in Ext 2.

For what it's worth, for 2015, we were able to make the installer smart enough to install extensions even with service packs installed. 

About the "Force on one sheet". We changed the text. It now says something like "create split points automaticaly". If you uncheck this, it will do the same as Force on one Sheet. With Ext 2, it will respect this and not split under any circumstances.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 14
mikeshr2
in reply to: PeterQuinn

WARNING. ONE MAJOR FAIL SIDE EFFECT OF THIS PROCEDURE DISCOVERED:

If you do this you will lose ability to edit and delete nozzles on P3D equipment.  The pencil glyphs do not even appear over the nozzles of new equipment.  Still have them on the equipment created prior to.  Never mind; it works with nozzles on equipment converted from 3-d blocks, but not on the ones created in equipment dialog box.  Will probably have to reinstall software.  Jabowabo, I would really appreciate if you check if the machines with this installation are able to select and edit nozzles on newly created equipment.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 14
mikeshr2
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks Peter,

I will lobby the management for an upgrade to 2015.  In the meantime is there anyway to remove ext 2, remove sp1, and then apply ext 2 w/o doing a full software reinstall?

Message 14 of 14
jabowabo

No problems editing nozzles here (holding ctl while selecting nozzle).  If you uninstall, be sure to uninstall ext 2 first as it will not uninstall after Plant is uninstalled.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost