AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Message on joints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danielperezzz
1690 Views, 3 Replies

Disconnected Message on joints

I'm having a problem with the P3D. As shown in Figure 1, although I have configured to match the flanges only with nominal diameter, and pressure class, I still get the disconnected signal. Also in isometric, this connection and any other connected directly to one equipament is marked as "open end". Any idea what might be happening?

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RSFAdsk
in reply to: danielperezzz

Hello,

If you use PLANTCONNECTJOINT (Connect component to adjacent form flange object shortcut menu) possibly it can reconnect. If it cannot, then you should get a diagnostic message.

Richard Frank - Autodesk

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for the reply!

The symbol of disconnected disappeared.

Also this subject, I created a SPEC where is used Lap Joint Flange. However, this spec has been behaving oddly with the this kind of Flange.

For example, if I try to put a valve in the middle of a line, in place of the Lap Joint Flange is placed a "place holder". Same thing if I try to continue the line from one valve by clicking the "+" symbol , is also placed a "place holder". To force the use of the Lap Joint Flange, I need to build a line piece by piece.

Any tip in this situation? Are there any specific procedure for using flange LJ?

Regards,
Daniel
Message 4 of 4
RSFAdsk
in reply to: danielperezzz

Hello Daniel,

When you connect and need something that's not in the spec, a placeholder is sometimes added. When an adapter (the flange) is required, it's not as clear what is needed. So without placing the flange manually, a part missing from the spec would instead mean the compound joint (autoflange) does not get created.

I'd suggest first making sure you have all the fasteners in the spec in addition to the Lap Joint Flange. I tried adding at Flange LJ FF, Bolt Set FF Lug, Gasket FF, Stub-End LJ, and a Valve FF to CS300. I could then get Lap Joints to Autoflange (attached image).

If you have weldneck flanges being created instead and do not want them, you can remove that WN size from the spec.

If you need both LJ and WN for the same size you can place manually as you ar doing or use the substitute grip. You can also modify connection properties, but hopefully you can get the behavior you want just from changes to the spec.

...Added Stub-End LJ. This is considered a fastener.

Edited by: RSFAdsk on Apr 16, 2010 6:23 PM

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost