AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension boxes not appear in 3D modeling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kandarp
1384 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension boxes not appear in 3D modeling

While generating Nozzles, dimensions L, A, 25.5 etc, shown in attached file is not appearing in my window. While selecating elevation triangle, COP, BOP and TOP is not appearing. Kinldy assit to enable this dimension boxes.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
l_tony
in reply to: kandarp

Hello!

I have the same problem: while modelling in plant 3d the dimension boxes do not appear. All that appears are the leader arrows and the leader lines, but no dimension in which i can specify an exact number!! Also even if I select my ball valve, or other element, and try to move it the dimensions do not appear.

How come is this happening out of the blue?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
kandarp
in reply to: l_tony

Dear Tony

You have to activate dynamic input from "Drafting setting". You can activate/deactivate it directly by pressing F12. One tab is also provided in lower tray.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards
Kandarp
Message 4 of 6
l_tony

I was not refferring to Dynamic Input, I was referring to the fact that I can no longer precisely locate/relocate my parts (eg: ball valve) since after selecting it I cannot see the two usual dimensions, one from upstream to the middle point and the other from middle point to downstream, to of course, the next intersecting element.

Dymanic input it's a copy of the Command Line located for easy visualising near the mouse pointer. The dimensions that I'm talking about are those othogonal to the pipe/element that you work with. It's a visual aid.

Another eg: when you put a ball valve on a bypass two dimensions apper: one from upstream elbow the other from the downstream elbow and they meet in the middle of the ball valve. You the have the option of pressing Tab key and swithching between those two, for a correct positioning.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
kandarp

I am attaching one PDF file showing ball valve location keeping dynamic input on and off. First screen: Here dynamic input is off and while selecting ball valve to move, it do not shows any dimensions as in your case. Second screen: While selecting ball valve to move keeping dynamic input on, it will show the distance from upstream and downstream fittings as you desired. Hope this will help to solve your problem. Regards Kandarp
Message 6 of 6
l_tony

Yes, that is exactly what i'm referring to!

However, see the attached picture that Dyn Input in on but I just found out that even if I press the button or the F12 key, the command line does not show any modification about the ON/OFF status!!!

So I gues it's a registry thing?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost