AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail texts of pipe component in BOM list

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wowiwo
331 Views, 3 Replies

Detail texts of pipe component in BOM list

Detail texts of pipe component in BOM list derive from the description in sepc file. This is to say, the detail texts of pipe component in BOM list represent the description in sepc directly. does it so?

As it shown in the attachments.

I need the detail text of pipe in BOM represents as "PIPE SMLS OD X T". OD is outside diameter, T is thickness of pipe, and they are all devrive of the parameter of the components in catalog. For example, the component in catalog is shown in the attachments, the outside deameter is 40.3, the thickness is 3, and I want the detail texts of PIPE represents in BOM is "PIPE SMSA 40.3x3".

How should I do?

Thanks for your concern.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: wowiwo

When you build your catalog, you should use the descriptions the way you want them. Alternatively you could do this when you build your spec.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
wowiwo
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is a good solution, and do you know where can we get the syntex to quote the parameter of component?

Message 4 of 4
wowiwo
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks for your reply.

I think it is a good solution, and do you know where can we get the syntex to quote the parameter of component?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost