AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Actuated Valves and instruments in Specs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MMSW
768 Views, 4 Replies

Defining Actuated Valves and instruments in Specs

Hi guys,

I have been trying to model actuated control valves in P3D but haven't been able yet, there are some options for actuators in catalog but noting happens when I add them to the spec, there is a drop down menu on the "default operator" column in Edit part but it always shows only the "HANDWHEEL" option. I was not also able to model instruments like Pressure or Temperature Indiacators using costum parts. it works well for inline instruments but not for PIs and TIs.

Could anyone answer my questions :
How are valves and actuators related to each other in P3D?
Is it possible to assign an actuator to a valve in the catalog editor in P3D?
How can I model an instrument like a pressure gage and add it to a pipe ?
Tnx
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brett
in reply to: MMSW

Hi MMSW,

I've managed to change the topworks on valves by right mouse clicking on valve and opening the properties dialogue box then srolling down to Valve Operator and opening the pulldown (right hand side) next to Operator and selecting cone or cylinder. (refer attached)
I've had same issue with the placement if instrument taps if I come up with an answer I'll let you know

Cheers,
Brett
Message 3 of 5
MMSW

Tnx Brett,
Using properties I could change the operator to cone or cylinder which helps a lot, It's not yet good enough for control valves with large actuators but seem thats what it is. I hope we could find some way to model Instruments or maybe guys from Autodesk could help !
Regards
Message 4 of 5
PHammink8001

Hello,

I had the same problem and this is the answer i got from Autodesk:

We cannot do that on this release. The work around is to create it in solid and then place it on the valve.

Regards,

Peter
Message 5 of 5
TRdesigner82
in reply to: PHammink8001

Is this still an issue with the current version of Plant 3D?

No control valves? REALLY?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost