AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashed or Hidden lines in Orthos for UG Piping

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JoeKay
828 Views, 7 Replies

Dashed or Hidden lines in Orthos for UG Piping

If I set all my underground piping in the model to a hidden (dashed) line type, then run an Ortho, the lines do not carry over. Is there a way to do this yet? Is there a setting I'm missing or an easy work around versus exploding the ortho lines and manually changing them? I'm currently working in Plant 13, last project till 14. Please tell me you can do this in 14. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JoeKay

Have you tried changing the viewport layer settings in the 2013 ortho? Yes, in 2014 this is easy.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 8
JoeKay
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Unfortunitly our pipe is layered by number. So if a line number is above ground and below ground that wouldnt work. Thanks.
Message 4 of 8
dave.wolfe

Make two viewports, and overlay them. One shows the UG, ones shows above ground.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 8
JoeKay

Thats certainly out of the box. I like your style. I would of never thought of that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
Message 6 of 8
JoeKay

Unless I'm missing something, that still wouldnt work. If I overlayed them, one with hidden lines, other with not. I still wouldnt be able to isolate the other section of piping. Cause like I said my whole pipe run is the same line number, hence same layer number. I cant turn one hidden and the other not. I've tried what you sugested, maybe I'm not thinking exactly what youre trying to get across.
Message 7 of 8
dave.wolfe

Did you change the level of the clipping plane? Making the UG clip at the top of slab should isolate the portion below ground in the UG viewport.In the AG viewport, make the bottom of the clip top of slab.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 8 of 8
JoeKay

That makes sense. I wasnt thinking in that dimension. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost