AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutl length stub in not correct P3D 2015

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jan-TSpD
1018 Views, 9 Replies

Cutl length stub in not correct P3D 2015

Hello, for some reason Autodesk has changed the stub in command in P3D 2015.

I notice that the cutlenght of the branch pipe is not correct, see attached image. Branch length to center is DN600, pipe is also DN600, which means that the cutlength must also be 600mm. According to the properties the cutlength is 295mm.

Is it possible that i have to change a setting to get the correct cutlength?

regards, Jan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jan-TSpD
in reply to: Jan-TSpD

PS I think a branch looks better when it looks like a dummy leg according attached image.

regards, Jan

Message 3 of 10
marodilp

Hello Jan!

Your experiences are correct. If you use the Stub In option under part insertion the following happens: 

1. If you use a same size branch pipe, than the pipe will start at the edge of the pipe (002.png) (DN150 with DN150)

2. If you use a smaller branch pipe, the pipe will start at the correct welding point (003.png) (DN150 with DN125)

You can make same size branches work correctly, if you make the setup inside the Spec Editor / Branch table editor.

(You define the Stub In Legend, and use it by the proper size matching.)

It works now correctly, as int the 001. png (DN200 with DN200)

Is this okay for you?

It should work correctly with the Stub In command, so I hope the developer team will correct this function.

Cheers, Laszlo

Message 4 of 10
Jan-TSpD
in reply to: marodilp

Hello Laszlo,

thanks for you answer. Can you send some screenshots how to make the setup in Spec Editor?

thanks,

Regards, Jan

Message 5 of 10
Dan.Scales

Hi,

This is something that has been logged with our development team and is currently under further investigation.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 6 of 10
marodilp

Hello Jan!

Hereby I attached the screenshots.

You have to define your stub in rule, the spec editor calls the rules: "Legend". See at 001.png

Then you have to match the Legend to the proper position, for example you click the dn200*dn200 field of the branch matrix, you choose the "St" Legend at the Brench fitting option, than Apply. See at 002.png

If something is not working correctly, try to reopen Plant 3D, or save your Spec with a new name.

Important: If you want to modifiy your Spec during Plant 3D is on, then first you always have to open the Spec editor, open your piping spec, than open Plant 3D, open the Plant 3D project.

Good luck!

Laszlo

Message 7 of 10
dinant

In the branch-table you have to have an option Stub-in or Pipe to Pipe.

Then it is working correctly. Else the pipe is connected to the outside off the main pipe and not to the real connection point.

The yellow one is made with out this option in the Branch-table and the Magenta is made with the option set in the branch-table.

Message 8 of 10
dinant
in reply to: dinant

The only strainge thing then is that the dimensions are not measured from the center of the main pipe but from the theoretical connection point.

A distance given form the starting point does not give the expected result.

Same pipe sizes no problem but with other branch sizes they are not correct.

Message 9 of 10
TWROGERS
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Has this been fixed yet? I'm using 2016 P3D and I am still having the incorrect stub-in results. 

Message 10 of 10
ryan.bales
in reply to: TWROGERS

I don't get that result in 2018 - the stub-in is slightly inserted in the pipe.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost