AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Control Valves

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Dtrylmn
980 Views, 6 Replies

Customizing Control Valves

I have already created our own instrument balloons, valves, reference arrows, and a few other thing that all work great, but can not seem to get control valves to wrok coreectly. I went into the acuators, the control valve, and even double checked my balloon blocks. Everything looks like it is set up right. When i click the control valve on the tool pallette it looks like it will wrok, but when i click where i want to drop it in the drawing it goes to the default intrument layer ( we have our own layers that work perfectly with all the other blocks so far). If i go into the project set-up, and just click ok, when the window closes everything looks right. Also if i explode it (i was just experimenting) the balloon disapears but the valve and actuator go on the right layer. Why does it come in on the wrong layer, untill I go to the pproject set-up? What are all the components of the control valve that would need to be edited. Anything else i could be overlooking? Any help would be great. AutoCad Plant 3d Suite 2015.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mikeshr2
in reply to: Dtrylmn

Does that layer reset also happens if you do SYNCHSTYLES command?

Message 3 of 7
Dtrylmn
in reply to: mikeshr2

Ok. I tried the SYNCHSTYLES command. It worked great for any control valve already placed on the drawing. When i tried to put one in after i had already entered the command, it put the connecting line and the instrument bubble in the right layers, but the control valve ( valve and actuator ) come in on layer 0 still. So it partailly works. All the pieces of the control valve are created on layer 0 and bylayer, except the text in the balloon which is a set layer, because we use 2 different layers for control valves depending onn the type of drawing. Any other ideas? I added a screenshot of the valves before and after the command. The one on the right is what we want. The one on the left is after i use SYNCHSTYLES.

Message 4 of 7
mikeshr2

Do you happened to have a layer set in this box? (It pops up when you click EDIT SYMBOL button.)

5.JPG

Message 5 of 7
Dtrylmn
in reply to: mikeshr2

I do have them set to "Use Current". With everything else set to bylayer.

Message 6 of 7
Dtrylmn

I can't be the only person with this problem. I am only trying to get a control valve inserted on the created layer i selected. Does anyone form autodesk look at these unanswered questions? It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult for someone from autodesk to answer. I appreciate the replies from mikeshr2, but my question is still unanswered. Hello Autodesk...anyone there?

Message 7 of 7
mikeshr2

I had the same question for them in one of my earlier posts, and yes they definetely keep close track of posts here.  They help whenever they can.  The problem is that this is a cutting edge technology that was typically produced for crazy unrealistic deadlines.  More than half the questions here, they themselves have no clue what causes the problem.  If they did why would they not post it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost