AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Valves solid not appear in Plant 3D

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nuwul
608 Views, 6 Replies

Custom Valves solid not appear in Plant 3D

Hi. I have created custom valves in catalog and add it into my spec but when i test it in Plant 3D, the valves does not appear. In tool palettes, i can see the valve image but when i pull it out, no 3D model. and if i select the all, i can see arrows & grips & plus icon. Do i forget any steps?

I'm using Plant 3D 2013.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
patpat79
in reply to: nuwul

Try copying your valve to coordinate 0,0,0 or placing it there or near it, we have that issue also in 2013 version before, that if piping is placed in a coordinate far away much from origin 0,0,0, it behaves like that. Thanks, hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 7
nuwul

i have located the smallest solid valve at coordinate 0,0,0... but still not working

Message 4 of 7
patpat79

Have you tried zooming in your component? in Plant 3d 2013, we have encountered components which graphics are very small. If you want , recreate your custom valve again but please take note of the following:

1. Explode your block until it is a 3d Solid

2. Check your drawing units versus your project units ( command U and select milimeters if your project is metric and inches if your project is imperial.

3. Check your Custom valve dimension if it conforms to your UNITS or else your component will result in a very small or very large object, inappropriate for your Piping model.

4. Check your UCS if it is set to world. And dont forget to purge your block so your plantpartconvert ports will be deleted and your component will be refreshed.

5. Convert your component to P3D part using plantpartconvert, given that you have checked already the UCS, Units, purged unusedblocks.

6. Test it to the working drawing of your project if it appear as it must. (if you have checked and followed the items above, you shouldnt have any problem.

7. After testing save the file, do not delete the "block" you have made, for it has the property of the ports of the Custom component you have done, just hide it or else.

8. Create a new component in the catalog and  choose the block you have created. That's it. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 7
nuwul

thank you. it helps Cat Happy

Message 6 of 7
patpat79

Any kudos? ^_^... If it is the solution you desired, please accept it as a solution. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 7
nuwul
in reply to: patpat79

Hi. I'm having the same issue again. already tried your methos but still not working.

i have create a new catalog for valves, locate valve near to origin point, explode and purge the 3D model, use plantpartconver, and after done insert it in sepc editor, only appear the valve image, but not the 3D model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost