AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Valve Catalog

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sergej_dezelak
1252 Views, 6 Replies

Custom Valve Catalog

I have made custom valve catalog, with complete new components. I create blocks for each size of valve, make 2 ports with PLANTPARTCONVERT. Its work perfect on my computer.

But when I copy this template project (also catalog and pipe specs are coppied), to other computer the valves does not work. Other fittings is working, but valves not.

How this connection between catalogs and Plant 3D software working? Is there some path? relative or absolute?

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: sergej_dezelak

When you create custom parts, the spec editor saves the source blocks into a folder called CatalogSupportFolder in the content folder (like C:\AutoCAD Plant 2014 Content\CatalogSupportFolder\. This folder needs to be copied to the user's computer as well.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 7
sergej_dezelak
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thank you Dave.

One more question. I have copy this catalog to other location (in the template project folder). Can I copy this folder now here, or it has to be on location C:\AutoCAD Plant 2014 Content\... ?

Message 4 of 7
dave.wolfe

It doesn't do any good to put it with the project. The folder has to be copied wherever your plant content folder location is set.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 7
TRdesigner82
in reply to: dave.wolfe

What if your shared content folder is located on a shared network drive? They should be able to see it after the copy then though right?

Message 6 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Yes.

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 7
thaipham

Hi Dave,

I also have a question about the custom valve catalog. I create my own custom valve in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2018 Content, with the Valve Catalog.pcat and folder Valve Catalog. also I create a spec with that. But now, I install AutoCAD Plant 3D 2020. When I create a new project in 3D Plant 2020. import the spec from 2018. All my piping and fittings are okay but when I insert a valve into drawing, the 3D Plant said: "Can't find symbol for specified part". Can you help, Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost