AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Valve actuator missing in isometric

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Ahmed1081975
3562 Views, 9 Replies

Custom Valve actuator missing in isometric

Hi all,

I have created a custom valve with actuator, I’m missing the actuator symbol with the valve when I mad isomeric, for

more clarification please refer to the attached screen shot..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Ahmed1081975

Hi,

The mapping of operators in isometric symbols only works with Valves.

For an inline instrument you will need to create a new isometric symbol and SKEY for instruments with operators.

I will log a feature enhancement request for instruments to have a similar functionality to valves with regard to drawing the operator in the isometric.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 10
Ahmed1081975
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thanks Dan, whene i can get an example for these issue??

Regards

Ahmed Helal

Message 4 of 10
Dan.Scales

Hi Ahmed,

Try the following steps:

• Open the project manager and go to "Isometric DWG Settings > Title Block and Display" and click "Edit Isometric Symbols".
  • Open an existing valve symbol edit so the operator required is part of the symbol and then SaveAs "Instrument-Inline-Op".
  • Exit out of the project manager and then browse to the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml file that is located in the Isometric folder of the project.
  • Add the following line to the Instrument Symbols section:

Instrument.png

• Now when placing the inline instrument give it an SKEY that starts IO.

When the isometric is then generated it will use the Instrument-Inline-Op symbol rather than the Instrument-Inline block.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 10
Ahmed1081975

Hi Dan,

Thanks for Your Reply, I miss understand the part Written Open an existing valve symbol edit so the

Operator required is part of the symbol and then Save As. First there is no Symbol valve with

Actuator symbol , there is no something call Save As in Edit Isometric Symbols can you please be more specific or give me screen shot

Regards,

Ahmed Helal

Message 6 of 10
Dan.Scales

Hi Ahmed,

Here is a short video showing what I mean:

Instrument Operator

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 10
Ahmed1081975

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your fast reply

Ahmed Helal

Message 8 of 10
AdeelN

Hi Dan.

Is the video clip that you have posted part of a longer clip, or a series of videos? The reason I ask is that I see in the left hand corner of the video a timer indicating 5 minutes, of which we only see 1:07, and I would love to see the remaining steps in setting up a custom Iso symbol. I found this clip most handy (sometimes reading a procedure just isn't clear enough), and would be overjoyed if there is more of it to see.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
samans

Hi Don

Thanks for your post regarding inline instrument for ISO. I followed exact steps but for some reason I couldn't make it work. My outcome isometric still split to two sheet and not symbol apprear in iso

Please see attached snap shot

Message 10 of 10
salivanted
in reply to: samans

Hi samans

1- Open your custom Hand Whell operator that you conected to your custom valve, in Catalog Editor

2- In Piping Componant Properties Section, the TWO last fields should be fill (the "Iso Symbols SKEY" and the "Iso Symbol Tye" field)

dependon your operator type, you shod type the right SKEY

you can find the all SKEYs in "IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml" that located in your Isometric Project folder. for example C:\my Project\Isometric

after that, your outcome isometric will not split and valve symbol and operator symbol apprear in iso...

see images:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost