AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom pipe size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marodilp
1310 Views, 5 Replies

Custom pipe size

Hello,

I want a to make a pipe in spec editor, that is DN 125, Matching OD 139.7, BUT tha models outside diameter

is 160mm.

In spec editor, while making a pipe, on the right side, there are the actual model sizes(SIZE PARAMETERS). As you can see on the attached printscreen: I set it to 160 mm but it does not affect, when I insert it in model space. It is 139.7mm DN.

Why is this, and how to set the model size? Thank you!

Laszlo

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JohnHolder
in reply to: marodilp

your setting the ND at 125, then the OD at 139.7, then trying to set the OD to 160 - that is most likely the conflict.

have you tried setting the OD on both to 160?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 6
marodilp
in reply to: JohnHolder

Thank You John, for the reply!

If I set both OD to 160, it works, but as the spec editor sais on the right side, that "These dimensions affect the actual size of the 3D model". Okay, so it works, so I appreciate Your help. If You have a minute, please think about my actual task, about this connection:

ND 125 normal pipe

ND 125 oversized flange

ND 175 normal flange

ND 125(OD175) bazalt coated pipe(bazalt coat, inside the OD175 pipe)

I think the easiest way is to override the ND-s by the connections(to be able to connect the ND 175 flange, to the ND125 bazalt coated pipe), and set the bazalt coated pipes ND to 125, ODs to 175.

Do You have a better solution?

With best regards,

Laszlo

Message 4 of 6
JohnHolder

sorry for my confusion, you were talking about 160 in the OP, then switched to 175 with flanges.

ND 125 normal pipe

ND 125 oversized flange

ND 175 normal flange

ND 125(OD175) bazalt coated pipe(bazalt coat, inside the OD175 pipe)

So you are connectiong

ND 125 ---> ND 125 oversized flange ---> ND 175 normal flange ---> ND 125(OD 175) coated pipe.

I would create an new flange with different connection sizes ( the ND 125 oversized flange )

125 / 175 - so it can nativly connect to the ND 175 pipe

Does that help or make sense?  do you already have the ND 125(OD 175) coated pipe modeled?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 6
marodilp
in reply to: JohnHolder

Yes, that makes sense. The only thing I am thinking, that how to manage the coated pipe. (It would be easy, if that is with insulation, but it is inside)
I think, I will use the normal OD175 pipe, and give a property, that it is coated, and the inside diameter is 125.

Thanks, for the quick responses! 

Message 6 of 6
JohnHolder

try <Duplicate Component> in the spec/catalog editor, then lable the pipe accordingly.

Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost