AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Parts from Custom Geometry Works on My Machine but Not Others

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
PLANToftheAPES
633 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Parts from Custom Geometry Works on My Machine but Not Others

I created expansion joints in our custom parts drawing, then added them to our catalog under Catalog Editor, Create New Component, and Use Custom Geometry.I changed components and then came back to the expansion joints and I get the png pics for each expansion joint meaning it's good and was added to the catalog. Then I added this to a spec. I was able to succesfully place it on my machine, however, others can not place it on their machine. On their machines it shows as a white blank square next to the Expansion Joint on the Part Insertion palette, and when they click on it to place it, they get an error message "Can't find symbol for specified part".

Our custom parts catalog is called Custom Parts Catalog and is located on our server under "Project"\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 Content\CPak ASME along with a folder named Custom Parts Catalog. Under the Custom Parts Catalog folder are 2 folders called 200 and DWG. Under the DWG folder is our custom parts drawing.

Why would it work on my machine but not others?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

We solved it. We found that on every machine, in the spec editor, under Tools, all machines must point their Shared Content Directory to the same place on the server. This resolved the problem. We thought that pointing the shared content directory was only for using catalogs in the spec editor, but it also affects Plant 3D as well.

Message 3 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: PLANToftheAPES

Mr. Apes,

Your custom parts are probably block based. For parametric parts, all you need is access to the spec.

(Love the handle, by the way)

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
PLANToftheAPES
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Thanks Peter. And thanks for your help last month at Ask the Expert.

Mr. Apes.

Message 5 of 5
Serdar-C
in reply to: PLANToftheAPES

Hi everyone ,

I have a problem  , but a little bit different.

I am using spec editor. And I'm gonna add custom part at catalog builder . Consists of a problem at this time.

"Unable to find  tr-TR\asmm218res.dll "  error.

Autocad don't find tr-TR\asmm218res.dll , so am I.

I can't find tr-TR folder in Program Files.

Where should I'll find tr-TR folder ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost