AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Part Valve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
abilioramos
635 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Part Valve

I have a question.

How can I make a custom valve and modify the End Type to FL and the Facing to RF.

I have tried but this items are blocked.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sivapd
in reply to: abilioramos

These fields cannot be modified and defined out of the box as "Universal End Type", meaning could connect with any other end types. If you need to connect this Univesal_ET to a flange, then certain changes to the project setup, Plant 3D DWG Settings, Connections, Joint Settings are required. First modify the AutoFlange and remove Universal_ET from End 2. Next Add a new Joint, say UniversalFlanged, and select Universal_ET as End 1 and FL as End 2. Under Fasteners, select Gasket and Bolt Set. Under Property matches select Nominal diameter and then click the Add button to add the joint. OK to close project setup. Now in the model, you can place a custom valve and then add flanges to it. Note that when a custom valve is inserted to a pipeline flanges will not be placed automatically. This is because of a joint settings called Placeholder in project setup which makes connection between Universal_ET and all other end types valid. So with the Placeholder, Universal_ET and PE or BE or SW is valid connection and it will not add flanges. So delete the pipe, add flanges from tool palette or spec viewer and then add pipes to finish. Screen snapshots are attached for clarity.
Thanks, Siva (Autodesk)

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore
Message 3 of 3
sivapd
in reply to: abilioramos

This is for second screenshot.
Thanks, Siva (Autodesk)

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost