AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Part/Placeholder Valve sizes & Properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JoeKay
273 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Part/Placeholder Valve sizes & Properties

Why did Plant 14 change the way the you insert Custom parts? I'm talking about the custom part tab directly from the ribbon. In Plant 13 you select your block and a properties box comes up with it where you could change the port properties (FL, THRD, Size, etc). Now in Plant 14 this dialog properties box doesn't come up. It just creates the pert for you. But you can change those properties directly from the Properties Tab now, or so I thought. Long story short. I got a custom PSV valve from vendor, block it, created ports, inserted in model. The problem is it wont let me change the port sizes. Its all stuck on 2" where I need them to be 1" ports. First I don't understand the change from 13 to 14. Why am I now changing the properties AFTER I insert the valve versus before I insert? Second, why if my valve size defaulted to 2" and now I cant change the valve size or port sizes? Any insight to what I'm now doing wrong. I never had this issue in Plant 13, now I do in 14. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
patpat79
in reply to: JoeKay

Change the size before you insert the PSV on your drawing, thats it.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 4
phwatso
in reply to: patpat79

We are on 14 and it still lets us change the port properties, maybe check your nozzle catalog?
Message 4 of 4
patpat79
in reply to: phwatso

Oh sorry, i misunderstand your problem. For your information, the PLantpartconvert of 2013 and 2014 is almost the same, you must first select the block then on the custom part tab, you will assign the size, the end point connection and the rest of the properties. I dont know why your plant 3d behaves like that, but if in any case, it doesnt change its behavior, may be assigning the porst after blocking it, then "IMPORTING IT IN YOUR CATALOG AND THEN YOUR SPEC" will do much better. In anyway, having it in your catalog and spec means you can use that PSV or whatsoever custom part you have made over and over again as much as you like, not like what you will have on "CUSTOM PART" command. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost