AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom part not to scale

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tmccar
1022 Views, 4 Replies

Custom part not to scale

I have created a custom part with PLANTPARTCONVERT and then I used PLANTCUSTOMPARTS to insert the part into a new drawing. It seems to insert at a remote distance from where the insertion point is, and is scaled down much smaller than the original part is. The ports seem to be detached from the part itself also.

Where am I going wrong in this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Vrocha5
in reply to: tmccar

I am having the same problem... but my parts are all scaling up. Only one part of the same family came in at the right size. As you can see it the picture, my 3" flange insert valve is not fitting in between the two flanges like the 2" valve does

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
tmccar
in reply to: Vrocha5

Explode the Plant entity, and check the X, Y and Z scales of the block. They should all be 1. If not, explode the block and re-create it. Re-check that the scale is now 1, and you can proceed to PLANTPARTCONVERT it.

Message 4 of 5
patpat79

First of all, know your project units. Second, identify your drawing units. Make sure they are the same. If metric is the project unit, use milimeter, then proceed on making your 3d model part into a Block. Then Use the plantpart convert. If you follow those instruction. Your item will be on scale as you desire.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 5
patpat79

First of all, know your project units. Second, identify tour drawing units. Make sure they are the same. If metric is the project unit, use milimeter, then proceed on making your 3d model part into a Block. Then Use the plantpart convert. If you follow those instruction. Your item will be on scale as you desire.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost